The Porsche Club of America is calling out five exciting new features in the 2024 Porsche Cayenne’s revised dashboard.
This month is the worldwide debut of the 2024 Porsche Cayenne.
And Porsche has released a glimpse of the Cayenne’s revised dashboard.
Porsche Club of America took a look at the revised dashboard and provided this summary:
New 12.6-inch curved screen on the 2024 Porsche Cayenne.
The traditional main instrument pod has been replaced with a 12.6-inch curved screen. “While the analog tachometer is now gone, the instrument pod is fully customizable. Depending on how your Cayenne is equipped, there are up to seven different modes you can configure. This is all part of Porsche’s Driving Experience, which places an emphasis on driver and passenger interactivity. While the Taycan never had a tachometer, you can still have one in the Cayenne, but now it’s digital. Analog tachometer fans may mourn this change, but the digital is just as good and easy to read. Plus, with the different display options, you can move the tachometer to the center in a traditional five-gauge screen or have a simpler, two-gauge view.”
Gear selector change.
The gear selector has been moved from the center of the console to the right of the instrument screen. “Mounted vertically, it also gets its inspiration from the gear selector on the Taycan. With the newfound space in the center console, a comprehensive climate control system is now in the same spot. The return of real, not digital, switches will take control of the HVAC easier and more intuitive. This part of the 2024 Porsche Cayenne’s redesign is intuitive and sharp looking because of the new black glass.”
Steering wheel a la 911.
The steering wheel takes its cue from the latest generation 911. “It’s a sporty, multi-function wheel that allows you to control almost everything found on the instrument pod. You can toggle through the different display modes as well as choose your drive mode to include Normal, Off-Road, Sport, and Sport Plus.”
In addition to the aforementioned curved driver screen, there’s another one found in the center of the dashboard. “This main screen, which measures 12.6 inches, allows control of the infotainment system by either touch or Siri voice command. This screen will stream videos but only when the vehicle is stopped. There’s also an optional 10.9-inch screen as well that sits directly in front of the passenger. It will allow videos to be streamed while the vehicle is in motion as well as give the passenger control over navigation and climate control. There’s also a special coating that prevents the driver from being distracted by what’s on the screen. When calling “shotgun,” the role of the passenger is to keep the driver awake. Let’s hope this new screen doesn’t diminish that important role.”
As in temperature cool. Not only will you be cool in hot weather while riding inside the new 2024 Porsche Cayenne, but the devices you’re charging will be as well. “Porsche has provided a cooled area to charge your smartphones while also offering wireless charging.”
Interested in Joining the Porsche Club of America?
Joining the Porsche Club of America (PCA) can offer several benefits to Porsche enthusiasts, such as:
- Access to exclusive events: Members of the PCA have access to a wide range of events, including driving tours, track days, and social gatherings, which can provide opportunities to meet fellow Porsche enthusiasts and learn more about the brand.
- Technical resources: The PCA offers a wealth of technical resources, including a technical helpline, online forums, and technical articles, which can help members with maintenance and repair issues.
- Discounts: PCA members can receive discounts on a variety of products and services, including parts, accessories, and insurance.
- Publications: Members receive a subscription to Porsche Panorama, the official magazine of the PCA, which features articles on Porsche history, events, and culture, as well as technical information.
- Community involvement: The PCA is involved in various community events and charitable causes, providing members with opportunities to give back and make a positive impact.
- Access to member-only content: Members have access to exclusive content on the
Source: Porsche Club of America
Too excited to wait for the release of the 2024 Porsche Cayenne? Check out our latest inventory below.