Porsche has been in the news over the past decade for attracting more female buyers. One of the main reasons is the popularity of the Porsche Cayenne among women.
Gone are the days of Porsche being the car of choice for men only. In fact, some of the most popular Porsche SUVs make it on the list due to their popularity among women.
Make no mistake, there are still plenty of men buying Porsches. It’s just that more women are now coming into showrooms to look at cars and take one out for a test drive.
And as Porsche has boosted its sales to women, the German automaker has slowly expanded its advertising to meet that interest, hoping to spread the word about the brand to a wider audience.
Among the more popular models with women, the Cayenne and the Macan.
Women, like men, love sports cars but find themselves in need of an SUV for their active day-to-day lives. Enter the Cayenne and the Macan, Porsche’s two popular SUVs.
The compact Macan is a little smaller than the more full-sized Cayenne. But they are both SUVs with the heart of a sports car. That means, performance, power, and a good dose of Porsche luxury. They are SUVs that are capable of hauling (kids and stuff), towing, and performing like a Porsche.
You may also like: Geeking Out on Porsche Surface Coated Brakes – Everything You Need to Know
So, let’s take a look at the two and see how they stack up against one another.
1. It’s all in the name. Porsche Cayenne is named after the famous hot pepper, though it also shares its name with the capital of French Guiana. The Macan means “Tiger.”
2. Space. The Cayenne boasts more cargo space and legroom than the Macan. The rear seat is adjustable, slides and reclines and there is plenty of legroom. The nimble Macan has a lower curb weight, shorter exterior length, and a shorter body height than its larger sibling. The Cayenne has nearly 8 additional cubic feet of cargo space than the Macan. Both SUVs offer seating for up to five passengers. Porsche Macan is an excellent choice for busy lives thanks to its turbocharged power and nimble, responsive handling. If you need additional cargo and passenger capacity, the Cayenne is great for those road trips of a lifetime.
3. Performance. Yet another reason why these two vehicles are some of the most popular Porsche SUVs.The compact Macan comes standard with a Turbocharged 2.0-liter 4-cylinder engine which produces 261 hp and 295 lb-ft of torque. It’s aided by an A seven-Speed Porsche Doppelkupplung transmission that helps the Macan get from zero to 60 in 6.0 seconds – about the same as the Cayenne. The Macan gets about 25 MPG on the highway. The larger Porsche Cayenne comes standard with a 3.0-liter V6 which churns out 335 hp and 332 lb-ft of torque. With all that power it still has great fuel efficiency of 23 MPG on the highway. The bigger fuel tank is perfect for families heading out on long weekend road trips.
4. Drive. Both have a great drive. There are the incredible off-roading capabilities of the Cayenne, with incredible air suspension and water-fording capabilities of up to 19.6 inches. But the Macan is also incredibly agile and offers great handling. Both SUVs perform like sports cars and are exceptionally fun to drive.
5. Beautiful interiors. Both the Macan and Cayenne have gorgeous interiors with soft supple leather and other sumptuous materials throughout. An integrated navigation system comes standard on both vehicles. Parking sensors are also standard at the front and rear of both SUVs.
6. Towing. The Cayenne can tow up to 7,700 pounds, whereas the Macan can tow about 4,400 pounds. Each requires additional options that you can buy in order to be able to tow.
7. Price. The Cayenne starts at about $16,000 more than the Macan. But in both models, there are plenty of available options that can trick out either model (they are Porsches, after all).
Want to drive one of the most popular Porsche SUVs? Check out our latest Macan and Cayenne inventory below.