The Porsche Taycan Turbo S is One for the Record Books: There’s No Doubt About it
To recap, Loveday’s analysis: The Porsche Taycan Turbo S has a claimed 0-60 of 2.6 seconds, and a top speed of 161 mph. The Tesla Model S Performance has a claimed 0-60 of 2.4 seconds, and a top speed of 163 mph. But when you look at the two vehicles drivetrains, you’ll find the Porsche might actually have an advantage as a result of the transmission.
- The Taycan has two gears for the rear axle, and a single gear for the front axle.
- The rear gear ratios are 15.563 for first, and 8.05 for second.
- The front axle also has a gear ratio of 8.05:1.
- If there’s an EV-related record, Porsche has probably thought about breaking it with the Taycan—or already set it. So far it is the fastest four-door EV around the Nurburgring track. In the Turbo S trim it’s also the fastest EV on the Road Atlanta track.
- And, as mentioned above, it’s the fastest car in the world when it comes to indoors.